This section of the book will explain what accessibility and universal design are. It will give reasons why accessibility is important, and the laws and standards supporting accessibility. It will give a definition of disability and explain the ways in which people with different abilities navigate an online environment, and the barriers they encounter.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- recognize what accessibility is
- explain why it is important
- recognize the laws and standards supporting accessibility
- identify ways in which people with different abilities navigate an online environment and the barriers they encounter
- recognize guidelines and standards for designing accessibly