After engaging with these reading materials and learning resources, you should be able to:
- Describe the nature of sedative-hypnotic and CNS depressant drugs and their effects mind, body, behavior and health;
- Describe how these types of drugs might be used and/or misused;
- Identify potential effects on developmental outcomes of prenatal exposure to these substances;
- Explain patterns of use, misuse, and use disorders associated with these substances and the risks when combining them with alcohol;
- Identify “date rape” and “club” drug related issues;
- Explain key terms and concepts related to this category of substances.